Thursday, April 8, 2010

Only 6 More Months

This is the time of year when everyone is getting outside and enjoying warmer weather, green grass and sunshine. I, however, have to watch everyone from the window of my home because this is the time of year when I cannot go outside. Usually I have to avoid going outside the entire month of April and the beginning of May, and even in the summer I have to limit my time outdoors especially if it's windy out. Why? You may ask. Well I suffer from severe allergies and I mean severe. I seriously have to run from my front door of my house to my car while holding my breath so as not to breath in any tree pollen. If I don't do this I have a sneezing fit about 5 minutes later and almost hit ever unsuspecting motorist who happens to be in the near vicinity of my car. My very first spring in Iowa 12 years ago while I was in college was the most miserable spring in all my 19 years. I had never experienced such miserableness. I would have an allergy attack followed up by a sinus infection. I had about 5 sinus infections that spring alone. I was told that they would have to scrape my sinuses if I had another miserable spring like that one. Thankfully by the time the next spring rolled around I had some immunity built up and I only had 2 sinus infections. After I moved back to Colorado I vowed never to move back to the mid-west because I knew that I would have to endure springtime allergies. (Maybe I was being a little dramatic about vowing never to move back...) Wouldn't you know it, I moved back. This year is bad, I'm pretty sure that I already have a sinus infection and tree pollen just started flying last week. So while all of you are enjoying the sunshiny outdoors, frolicking around having picnics and playing in the park, I'm inside counting down the days until the October frost, which is approximately 190 days away. This is why I love winter.

1 comment:

  1. well that completely bites :( I endure the entire winter counting down days till spring :). I hope you do not get too many sinus infections this year and that the view from your window is beautiful. :\

    ReplyDelete