Monday, February 22, 2010

Abode, Commode, and Ski Slope Mode

Okay I realize that it has been 3 weeks since I posted. I know, I know I said I was going to try to post at least once a week. Well, the key word is try. I did think about it, but that's as far as it got. We did have some "adventures" over the past couple of weeks though. Now I will bore you with all the details.

After I posted my last entry I got a phone call from our realtor saying that the nice pretty place, which will now be referred to as NPP, people accepted our offer. Wooo Hoooo! Er...just one teensy weensy little problem we still have our current place, which will now be referred to as CP. I have felt every emotion possible over the past couple of weeks, mostly the feeling-sorry-for-myself emotion. I know I need to be content with what I have in the CP but when one gets to look at a NPP and knows that it could be theirs I kind of start to get down the dumps. I'm not sure if I could classify wanting a NPP over our CP as a trial, but sometimes it feels that way. I know that the Lord has something wonderful planned for us and hopefully it's the NPP!

We got a new toilet in our second bath. I know that this doesn't seem like an adventure but I think it was for the plumber! He is young and I'm pretty sure has not been a plumber for very long. As he was working on the bathroom I kept hearing him call someone else and ask questions. He then would ask me to come and look at the bathroom. Well wouldn't you know it the toilet that was there was not installed correctly, and there was something weird stuck in the drain. Neither one of us had a clue as to what it could be. All I can say is that it might have been some insulation? but not really sure about that. So problem solved, we now know what was the cause (maybe insulation) for such a slow moving toilet. The adventure really wasn't the toilet it was the fact that my husband and I got to see Travis the plumber a lot that week. Because the original toilet was not installed correctly he needed to get some sort of fancy part. So he got the part and and was supposed to come back in the afternoon, but his truck broke down. He came the next morning with the new part but realized he had forgotten to put the floor leveler down. Then the floor leveler wasn't dry in the afternoon when he came back to finish the job. He then came back the next afternoon and finally finished the job. I kind of felt like just giving him a key and telling him to make himself at home. Needless to say we did get a discount for all the times we got to see Travis.

This past weekend my husband and I took Friday off from our jobs and went skiing!!! I know it's silly for me to get excited about going skiing in Minnesota, but I was super excited. I finally got to test out my new-to-me skis. I had purchased them off of Craigslist about 7 weeks ago but I haven't been able to test them out. They are a little bit longer than what I am used to, but I know that if I use them I will get used to them. We drove up Thursday night and stayed with some friends. We then skied, well I skied my husband snowboarded, for a good chunk of the day. I'm sure my husband will love me for saying this but he kind of wimped out towards the end of the day. We had planned to make our way back to the car via the chair lifts and runs, not by walking halfway across the base of the "mountain" to our car. There was a run near our car and we had mapped out which lifts we were going to use and which runs to go on that would get us the closest and then we would call it a day. We were two lifts and two runs away from getting there when I was waiting for my husband at the next lift. I had beat my husband down the previous run, of course. He fell about 30 yards away from me and the lift line. I looked at him and he looked at me and he made the hand at the neck motion meaning: "I'm done." I would've gone and done those two runs but really didn't want to look like a dork riding the lift alone. So I sacrificed my calves, which are still sore, and walked in my non bendable ski boots next to my husband all the way back to the car. Other than quiting earlier than I anticipated we had a great time! After skiing we went to our hotel and sat for a good 30 minutes in the whirlpool. It felt wonderful after being on the slopes all day. After we returned to our CP we went out to an early dinner in hopes of beating the state wrestling crowd, ummm...not so much. We finally found a restaurant that had some parking. We enjoyed our dinner and then like the true nerds we are we hung out at Barnes & Noble picking out books that we can either get at the library for free or purchase for a fraction of the price at Amazon. It was a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment