Saturday, January 9, 2010

The First Week

I have accomplished much this week. I don't mean to pat my own back, but it does seem that things have gotten done this week. In a normal work week I would come home in the evenings, prepare dinner or beg my husband to prepare dinner and then we would sit and eat dinner in front of the T.V. After dinner we would sit and watch T.V. If I needed to get something done I'd procrastinate until the weekend. This week however with no T.V. I have gotten things done. Every night this week I came home from work and accomplished what I set out to do. Monday it was cleaning. Tuesday my husband and I played a game. Wednesday sat in front of the fire and finished a book. Thursday created an envelope system for my wallet so that I could keep track of our spending money a little better. Friday was spent with my husband's family and then I started a new book. Thursday's project was the one I was most looking forward to doing. It helped me get just a little bit more organized. I have a set a goal this winter/spring to do just that, only I'm going to do just a little bit each week. There's no sense in trying to organize our lives in just one day! It's a process and takes time. Below I've posted a picture of my Thursday project which I found a template for here.



Have I thought about T.V. this week? YES. I do have to admit that I have wanted to watch it on occasion. I did think of a show that we will be missing, Lost. We love Lost and this is the last season, we have been faithfully and patiently watching this show. So if are a follower of Lost please do not spoil it for us because we will have to wait until after the show has aired to view on the Internet. If I can only think of a few shows that I will surely miss, and one of them will be over with after this spring, then I think I can do this! I was blessed this week with more time, how many people say they don't have the time? I found some! I am really excited that we decided to do this. We were able to use our dining room this week as well, it only gets used once a year when my family comes to visit. This week we have eaten dinner in it every night, played some games and worked on our budget in it. I have enjoyed spending time and talking with my husband this week as well. There was a moment yesterday when I wasn't sure this was going to work. We were moving the entertainment center to another wall in our living room and taking out all the systems that we will not be using anymore and it seemed like there was a moment of panic on husband's face as he realized there wouldn't be anymore Tivo or satellite. I kept asking if it was OK that we were doing this and he assured me it was. The moment of panic that had come over him had to do with all the cords that were tangled, he just didn't want to tackle it. Today will be the most tough I think because it's Saturday. But I have made a list of things to do and that should keep me busy through most of the day. One of the things that is the list for today is to go and see Leap Year with Amy Adams. I'll let you know how it is. As we continue on this adventure I am excited to see what blessings God has in store for us, because I have truly been blessed this week and it's only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment