Monday, July 12, 2010

To Blog or Not to Blog?

To blog or not to blog? I was faced with this question this past weekend at the Savvy Blogging Summit in beautiful Breckenridge, Colorado. I was there with about 65 other bloggers; 65 other bloggers that, whom I think, have better blogs than I do. At the beginning of the weekend I was ready to throw in the towel. I went through the sessions thinking there is no way I can devote this much time, or get my blog to same level as the other bloggers at the Summit. I was kind of had that "whoa is me" type attitude. I was comparing myself to others. You want to hear something kind of ironic? I prayed to be invited to this summit. Guess what? The Lord answered that prayer. Yet here I was wishing that I could just go home and cry on my husband's shoulder. I was lamenting some of this to one of the women I was rooming with at the resort. She just asked me one question: "Do you want to write?" The answer is yes! After she asked me that I started the next day with a new attitude. All of the sudden I thought: "I can do this, with the Lord's help." I may not be as a successful blogger as some of the other women (and 3 men) there, but I can at least give it a try.

I now have more focus, I don't seem to be floundering around trying to figure things out on my own. I now have the knowledge and tools to take the next step. As I said in my previous post I plan on making some changes to the blog. I would like to focus more on stories about our lives without a television, since that is the intent of the blog. I will continue to write a little bit about being frugal, some granola tips as well keep the Random Russian Remembrance series going. I plan on keeping up on posts so that only a few days lapse between posts and not a few weeks or months. I would like my following to grow and so I will be putting my blog "out there" a little bit more. There are plans for a new design and a new domain, but that will take a little bit of time. Over the next few months I will be implementing these changes. I hope that all of you are as excited for the changes as I am, and I really hope that you like them. Thanks for your patience with me as I travel along this blogging journey.

Kimberly

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for all your changes. You're going to be my inspiration. My blog is a mess - no point, no logic, no consistency...so I'm sure I'll learn a lot from you along the way.
    And I think I'd like to live your life without TV. Our tv is used 98% to study football film....BORING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what's in store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you did come and came back excited!! I think what you are doing, creating this adventure, is exciting and will be a cherished memory for you and your husband years down the road. Plus, in this day and age how many people do you know without a tv? Seriously, that right there is something to read more about, honestly!!

    Take your time with your blog changes and just keep the passion - and focus - on what you love to do. All the other stuff will fall into place at the perfect time!!

    ReplyDelete