Thursday, June 3, 2010

List

I must apologize for not posting for the past couple of weeks. I have found that since not having a television that we are more busy. Huh, who would've thought that? I kind of thought that life would slow down and we would be sitting there staring at each other wondering what we should do with ourselves. Not that I couldn't just sit hours on end staring at my husband, he is rather dashing, but there are more productive things I could be doing.

A couple of weeks ago I asked my boss if I could have Friday May 28th off. He looked at me and said: "Why would you need a day off?" I couldn't tell if he was joking or if he was serious. Either way I still begged to have it off. I got it off and was super excited to have a four day weekend. I began making a list of all the things that I would accomplish this past weekend. Here is that list:

1. Clean the house top to bottom.
2. Vacuum all the furniture
3. Sand down the deck
4. Stain and paint the deck
5. Cut down all the "mini" trees in the back yard
6. Wash all the bedding and prepare the guest rooms for my family, who are coming this weekend for a visit
7. Make cakes and treats for my husband's 30th birthday party this coming Saturday
8. Prepare some meals to freeze and eat later when I don't feel like cooking (which is all the time)
9. Run to various stores and get things in preparation for this weekend
10. Get my haircut
11. Go to 3 different cookouts
12. Create several blog posts to post when I don't have much time to write one

So that's kind of a long list. Guess how much of it got done. Well...I did manage to get my haircut and we went to the cookouts, oh and some of number 5 and 9 got done. I'm not really sure what happened to the rest of the list. I didn't just sit around and do nothing all weekend. Matter of fact I was kind of exhausted come Monday night. Since my list didn't get done at all I actually have to do most of it tonight, because my family arrives tomorrow and I am sure they would like a nice place to sleep. I might be up a little bit late tonight. Now would be a good time to let you in on a little secret about myself. I love lists and making lists, but I very rarely accomplish everything on my list. If I don't accomplish everything on my list I make a new list and the cycle continues. Now I'm off to make a list of things I am going to get done tonight...sigh...

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should create a list about all the lists that you have and then create a sub list with all the excuses you have for not completing the aforementioned lists.. just an idea

    ReplyDelete